Cattle Procurement Manager, Liffey Meats, Co. Cavan
Cattle Procurement Manager
Liffey Meats is a long established and successful meat processor. They are now recruiting a Cattle Procurement Manager due to the ongoing expansion of their international food business.
Reporting to the Chief Procurement Manager the successful applicant will help manage cattle supplies to meet market requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sourcing quality assured cattle and specific breeds that have certain certifications.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with farmers, producer groups and dealers.
- Maintain good relations with farm organisations and cattle breed societies.
- Liaise with DAFM, Teagasc personnel and livestock hauliers.
- Travel to three plant locations, attend farm meetings and webinars as required.
Key skills required are:
- Good market research and analytical skills.
- Ability to negotiate cattle prices and supply contracts.
- Excellent people, IT and communications skills.
- An agricultural or similar farming qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience with livestock farmers.
You also need to be highly motivated, confident and have the ability to work on your own initiative. The successful candidate will receive appropriate training and mentoring.
The attractive remuneration package includes a competitive salary, bonus, car and expenses.
If you meet most or all of these criteria please send your CV and all relevant details by email in confidence ASAP to Liam De Paor, de Paor Consultancy, Loreto Road, Cavan. Closing date Friday April 29.
Tel +353.49.4361158 Mobile + 353.86.2557643 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org