Formulations & Compliance Manager (Cork)
Our Cork based client is a market leader in the animal nutrition and health sector in Ireland and is also developing markets overseas. This is a key position in the company’s ongoing successful development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage a formulations database for animal nutrition supplements and premixes
- Implement day to day changes / adjustments of product formulations using current software tools, and formulate new products as required
- Manage the introduction of new ingredients and products, ensuring compliance with legislative, health and safety, and company-specific procedures
- Maintain cost structures in the formulation software package, and provide quotations for the sales team
- Liaise with Operations and Procurement teams to ensure suitability of raw materials to be used in the production facility.
- Liaise with Operations and Quality teams to manage risk and minimise cross contamination in the production facility
- Maintain/Update SOP’s in line with current best practice
- Ensure all product labels and marketing claims are compliant with relevant legislation
- Ensure legislative compliance of all animal nutrition products produced by the company, and maintain constant updates in line with changes in EU and national legislation.
- Other relevant duties as agreed with the Technical Manager
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- A BSc in Agriculture, Animal Nutrition or a related field, and experience using formulation software packages is essential
- Experience or knowledge of legislation & compliance requirements in the animal feed sectors is desirable
- Experience of working in a feed mill or animal nutrition production environment is desirable
Key Skills & Competences
- Attention to detail and rigorous checking of work
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication, IT and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexibility during busy season essential
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career by working with a well-established, successful and innovative company. The attractive remuneration package includes a competitive salary, generous bonus scheme, life/health insurance etc.
A full job description for this position and other information is available on request. Suitable candidates from Ireland, Britain or the EU can forward a CV and all relevant details in confidence ASAP to Liam de Paor. Please feel free to contact us for further information.
The de Paor Consultancy, Loreto Road, Carrickane, Cavan, Ireland
Tel +353 49 4361158 / +353 86 2557643 E-mail email@example.com