Maintenance Fitter Required by Longford Animal Feed Mill
Our client operates a modern hi tech plant and manufactures a multi species range of animal feeds. This is one of the largest feed mills in Ireland with market leading brands. The animal feed business is a growth market due to increasing livestock numbers.
This is a permanent, well paid position with a company pension. Normal hours are 8 to 5 pm, Monday to Friday with some overtime during peak season. The company employs around twenty people and staff turnover is minimal.
- Working as part of a Mechanical Team and supervising contractors for maintenance, repairs and installations
- Carry out preventative maintenance work on plant
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping
- Contribute on identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects
- Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on a computerized maintenance management system.
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Maintenance Fitter Craft Certificate or equivalent.
- Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative;
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail;
- Expertise and knowledge of feed milling would be an advantage