Mechanical Engineer /Maintenance Fitter Required by Longford Animal Feed Mill
Our client operates a modern hi tech plant and manufactures a multi species range of animal feeds. This is one of the largest feed mills in Ireland with market leading brands. The animal feed business is a growth market due to increasing livestock numbers.
This is a permanent position with a long established and successful Agribusiness. Normal hours are 8 to 5 pm, Monday to Friday with some overtime during peak season.
- Working as part of a Mechanical Team and supervising contractors for maintenance, repairs and installations
- Carry out preventative maintenance work on plant
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping
- Contribute on identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects
- Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on a computerized maintenance management system.
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Maintenance Fitter Craft Certificate or equivalent.
- Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative;
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail;
- Expertise and knowledge of feed milling would be an advantage
If you meet most or all of these criteria please send your CV and all relevant details by email in confidence ASAP to Liam De Paor, de Paor Consultancy, Loreto Road, Cavan.
Tel +353.49.4361158 Mobile + 353.86.2557643 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org