Lakeland Agri Ltd – Lough Egish, Co. Monaghan is the Agri business Division of Lakeland Dairies Coop.
Lakeland Agri Ltd manufactures and retails a complete range of premium quality ruminant feedstuffs marketed under the Lakeland RumiSmart Sustain feeding system and supported on farm by our team of expert nutritionists and technical feed representatives.
Lakeland Agri Ltd also retails an extensive range of other farm inputs through its stores business.
The successful candidate will report to the Technical and Product Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Lakeland Agri Sales Team with the delivery of all components of the Lakeland Agri RumiSmart Sustain Feeding system at farm level via on farm technical support and farmer meetings
- Providing on farm technical and nutritional support to all Lakeland Agri Customers covering all technical components of the Lakeland Agri Feed and Fertiliser business
- Working closely with our established Sales team to help secure and retain new business in
the relevant areas
- Performing trials on new and existing product offerings and technologies and reporting on results achieved
- Generating technical articles and promotional material for products included in the Lakeland Agri range
The role requires a confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally.
Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade others.
The successful candidate must have very strong technical skills and continually strive to provide the best solutions to its customers.
Also have a proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and challenging environment with a focus and drive to achieve targets and results.
Experience: The successful candidate will have a number of years’ experience working in a commercial nutritionist or technical advisory role.
Experience of diet formulation software packages for ruminant nutrition.
A working knowledge of effective grassland measurement and management practices.
Practical experience with Robotic Milking systems is desirable.
Education: A minimum academic qualification of Bachelor of Agricultural Science (NFQ level 8)
An attractive salary is on offer, ongoing training and excellent working conditions working with a highly motivated team for a well-established and innovative agribusiness.
If your CV meets these criteria please forward all relevant details in confidence to Liam de Paor ASAP
The de Paor Consultancy, Loreto Road, Carrickane, Cavan, Ireland