Technical Ruminant Nutritionist (Cork)
Our Cork based client is a market leader in the animal nutrition and health sector in Ireland and is also developing markets overseas. This is a key position in the company’s ongoing successful development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Extensive literature reviews and assessments of new active ingredients, technologies and delivery mechanisms.
- Collaborate with external organisations (national/international) to develop and trial new concepts and solutions.
- Perform lab/production trials of new formulations, and co-ordinate these with research institutions and farms.
- Work closely with other nutritionists, vets and commercial specialists to design new products and services.
- Manage and maintain records of R+D activity for databases and funding programs, and write applications for such programs.
- Disseminate R+D outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical support to sales team/ retail partners, on-farm support, via meetings and discussion groups.
Education & Qualification Requirements
- Experience of working in the agri sector or animal nutrition is essential
- A PhD, in Animal Nutrition or related disciplines is highly desirable
- Knowledge of animal feed industry, and academic/industry contacts is desirable
- Experience of formulation software packages for animal nutrition an advantage
Key Skills & Core Competencies
- Excellent research skills and critical assessment of scientific reports
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- Good communication, IT and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career by working with a well-established, successful and innovative company. The attractive remuneration package includes a competitive salary, generous bonus scheme, life/health insurance etc.
A full job description for this position and other information is available on request. Suitable candidates from Ireland, Britain or the EU can forward a CV and all relevant details in confidence ASAP to Liam de Paor. Please feel free to contact us for further information.
The de Paor Consultancy, Loreto Road, Carrickane, Cavan, Ireland
Tel +353 49 4361158 / +353 86 2557643 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org